Clean Streets and Alley Cleanups
A litter-free community increases property values, helps reduce crime, and attracts tourists and business.
Clean Streets represents an effort with both residents and local businesses to create a cleaner, healthier and safer Cal Heights.
The program began in August 2009 and we invite any interested volunteers to join us! Bags, pickers and reusable gloves will be supplied.
Cleanups occur every Thursday morning at 8:00 am and usually last until 10 am. We pick up on the busier Cal Heights perimeter streets; Atlantic, Wardlow and freeway ramps.
Every Thursday we meet on the north side of Wardlow Road at Lime. Parking is available on Lime. You’ll see us gathering in the large fenced-in parking lot (across the street from Foasberg Cleaners).
The schedule is:
- 1st Thursday of the month pick up Atlantic from Wardlow North to Bixby
- 2nd Thursday of the month pick up Atlantic from Wardlow South to the 405 freeway – includes Freeway clean up
- 3rd Thursday of the month pick up Wardlow from Atlantic West to the 405 freeway – includes Freeway clean up
- 4th Thursday of the month pick up Wardlow from Atlantic East to Orange
- 5th Thursday of the month (when applicable) to be announced
Thanks to LITTER FREE LONG BEACH for supporting Clean Streets and supplying our garbage bags!
Alley Cleanups for 2020
A clean alley makes a neighborhood safer. Join the Clean Streets Team as we assist residents in cleaning various alleys from Wardlow to Bixby. Student volunteer hours will be signed for.
Bags and gloves are provided; shovels and other tools are appreciated! Alley cleanups are from 9:00 to 11:00 and our meet up place is listed below.
Residents are encouraged to bring any large items for dumping: bookshelves, old furniture, building materials etc. Everything accepted except large appliances and electronic waste.
- April 4, 2020 meet at 9:00 at Gardenia and Bixby
- November 14, 2020 meet at 9:00 am at 36th and Lewis